There is a high demand placed on electronic devices due to an increasingly competitive market and customer expectation. Our experience with electronic and IOT product design enables us to integrate them into mechanical products to achieve flawless results. At LUMA-iD we understand the fundamental importance of balancing style and functionality to ensure you meet the requirements of your target audience. We incorporate elements of machine learning, sensor driven intelligence and embedded coding to produce practical and innovative solutions that elevates your product to the next level.
Sensors and Gyros
At the heart of any successful IoT product design lies the assets that allow the item to achieve maximum performance. Often these are things such as sensors and gyros that carry out their function unnoticed until a fault arises. Our engineers understand how to source the right parts that enable the optimisation of your product.
Boards and PCBs
During the early stages of shaping an Internet of Things design our in-house team can construct product prototype models of functional electronic boards. Once things have progressed through the necessary stages and are ready for manufacture, we have a network of trusted partners who can ensure the finished product is put together perfectly.
Central to the success of any lighting product is establishing the right brightness levels to maximise energy usage and to identify warning signals on safety-based products. No matter how general or specialist your requirements in this field, our engineers can design lighting systems that provide reliable functionality to meet the specifications of your product, regardless of its final use.
Thermal management continues to play an increasingly important role in product design as technology evolves to become leaner and more powerful. Our experience with testing the convection, conduction and radiation heat transfer of a product’s entire system from design to manufacturing ensures total efficiency of resources.
LUMA-iD’s hands on approach to Internet of Things design is applied systematically across all processes, including the simulation of movement for products with moving parts. This is instigated through the use of 3D printing to test the motion and functionality of each segment within a more efficient and cost-effective environment.
Whether your energy system is based on Li-Ion, Li-polymer or NiMH technology, our engineers understand the fundamental elements required to successfully integrate rechargeable batteries into your product. Our IoT product design experts focus on size, durability and weight, along with reliability and safety, while maintaining the high levels of performance the cells are expected to deliver.
Electronics Design Capabilities
LUMA-iD have over 30 years of combined electronics and IoT product design experience ready to be utilised for your project. This covers a vast range of sectors, from military, industrial and broadcast TV, to avionic, medical and manufacturing. We continue to work with start-ups and entrepreneurs through to some of the largest brand names in the world, providing the same level of professionalism and dedication to all of our clients.
Electronic Hardware Design & Development
- Microcontroller and Microprocessor board design & development
- Custom digital electronic design from DC up to video speeds
- FPGA / Programmable Logic design
- Analogue circuit design & signal processing
- AC/DC Power supply, Switch-mode Power supply, Charger and Wireless Charger design
- Battery-based systems
- Solar-powered systems
- Ultra-low-power systems
- Bespoke 'Embedded' product development up to rackmount scales
Software & Communications Design & Development
- Software design & development for Microcontroller and Microprocessors
- Software development for PIC, STM32, EPS32, Raspberry Pi, x86 CPUs
- Linux and embedded Linux development for Python, C, Ruby, Perl, PHP, Node.js
- MS Windows Embedded development where needed
- HTML5 / CSS / JS WebApp development
- HTTP, FTP, CGI-server functionality for embedded devices
- Email-send from embedded device
- Digital video interfacing, streaming, recording and playback in RTSP & HTTP
- IoT and Cloud-connected development using AWS, DigitalOcean, IBM, Transip & other clouds
- M2M and ISM radio data communications
- WiFi / Bluetooth / Hotspots
- Ethernet and Cellular data connections: 2G/3G/4G/5G
- LPWAN technologies - LoRA / NB-IoT / LTE-M
CONTACT US ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONICS AND IOT REQUIREMENTS
+44 (0) 20 8692 2873
Weekdays: 9am – 5pm